Sunday, June 7, 2009

Road Trip!

My mom had asked me on Friday afternoon if I thought I might want to go camping with her this weekend. Her and dad went last week but paid for another week and just left the tent trailer at the campsite.
Not long before we were set to leave, I mentioned reading about the TTC Knitalong on Ravelry. I was just making conversation but Mom loved the idea so I hurried back to the computer and sent in a last-minute signup.
We had a blast! Met lots of nice girls, discovered some fantastic yarn shops and enjoyed TTCing around Toronto - a treat for us!
We were on the North Route and I think it was a good one because I managed to find a ton of cotton for the dishcloth effort that was in colors I don't normally see near home. (At home I'm restricted to Walmart, Zellers and Michael's for dishcloth cotton and they all usually have similar stuff.)
I also found some sock yarn, my very first skein of Manos del Uruguay and some gorgeous laceweight alpaca that matches the beads from my Ice Queen cowl!
For your drooling pleasure:


Sadly, my camera had an accident at the end of the day - I found it swimming in ginger ale in the bottom of my purse :( Canada Dry is a stupid name for the stuff. It was a mini-can that I was carrying around in my purse for mom in case she needed a little something sweet so she said if I couldn't get the camera to work that she would replace it. The picture above was taken with my cellphone once I got home. When I have a working camera I will take a new picture but it may be missing some of the dishcloth cotton! I'm trying to knit at least one Olympic cloth a day. I finished one in pink yesterday:

It is more of a hot pink than how it shows in the picture, sorry for phone camera quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment